Greg's a little better today but I now have a sore throat and the sniffles.
We really wanted to hire bicycles and ride to Wadebridge along the Camel Trail but it is not to be. The best weather was over the long weekend just after we arrived but we didn't do it then as there were lots of tourists around and the trail was busy. Thought we would do it at a quieter time later in the week. The forecast was actually good for later in the week. Well the forecast was wrong!
If we hadn't had colds we would have tackled it anyway but riding and trying to blow your nose on a rain soaked tissue is more than we could cope with.
I made a return to one of the galleries to purchase a print only to be told they only sell them framed from the shop, BUT you can purchase unframed online and for $10 they post anywhere in the world. Perfect! Buy from home and won't have to worry about it getting squashed in our luggage. In between showers I revisited the museum with Greg. Also bought a colourful necklace of hand made glass beads from a gallery.
Just saw our nextdoor neighbour Tim duck behind the curtain as we crossed the car park. For the first few days he took a keen interest in everything we did, whenever we stepped outside he was there enquiring about what we were doing and where we were going. Even followed me round to the clothes line to chat while I hung the washing out. He asked if I saw much of Kylie in Australia ! When I mentioned that Greg had a cold he actually jumped backwards and headed for his door and we haven' seen him since.
Too cold and wet to sit outside the bank and check emails and do the blog, so it was back to the pub for a last session. Someone else was sitting at OUR table!
No comments:
Post a Comment